The aim of this website is to provide backpackers around the world with useful content.
Come Write with us.
- Strong knowledge of subject matter, i.e. travel advice, destination specifics, photography etc.
- Good writing skills in English, including correct grammar and spelling.
- Evidence of your writing ability, i.e. an essay or something similar. If you don’t give an example we can’t accept you.
- Blog posts must contain 800 + words (our average post is 1214 words). This is for ranking and for consistency.
- All content should be original and not copied or shared from other blog posts or websites. Duplicate content isn’t ideal for SEO so you wouldn’t find the article or high rankings. We’ll find this out.
- The material should be written in a voice which is more involved and/or third-person. Therefore no “I,”my”, etc.
- Any links to external websites / sources should be normal and appropriate.
- Links should only be to places and facilities relating to travel. No entertainment sites etc.
- Do not attempt to conceal the ties to a company for which you work. We’ll point these out and possibly deny the post. Examples include passport, copywriting, sales pages etc. Saying that you are building a portfolio then adding links to a service is simply building links. And don’t waste time each other! 🙂
- By default, all ties are “nofollow,” and are subject to approval. If the relation isn’t important enough or we don’t think the article would be removed is of high quality enough.
- Please notice that we are very strict about links to external sites and, if there is any uncertainty, will always delete them.
- To clarify, company, product and service websites will by default be “nofollow” unless we endorse the brand or website itself, so please do not contact trying to get these.
- If the content will be useful to those interested in travel (i.e. our readers), we will take selected supported articles. However, the supported posts have rel=”sponsored “with the link as per Google guidelines.
Once we receive the article we are allowed to:
- Add additional sort of link inside.
- Make slight tweaks and text modifications to match the style of the website and for readability. This is not going to change what you think and it’s very small.
- The headings and content could potentially be reordered slightly based on the images. Ie we don’t like images of two nights or two identical shots under each other.
Creates also a Pinterest image that is a picture with overlaid text.
Please notice that advertisements such as Adsense, GetYourGuide, Amazon and Booking.com are available to run this site. The only way we can create this website and make it a good resource for travellers is by having ads and using this money to invest in the website’s infrastructure. Thanks for the understanding.
What do you get in return…
- Experience – Experience writing for a travel website of high quality. You then can share any contributions with potential employers.
- You would help travellers – you would share your knowledge with travellers around the world. This website has over 130,000 page views and traffic coming from more than 140 countries.
- Profile page – If you submit three or more posts, you will receive a profile bio page. This should be of assistance to your writing portfolio.
- Promotion of social media – The connection can be shared through social media accounts such as Instagram Stories (@subhadeep_hazra_official), Facebook, Pinterest and Mix. The content is not going to be shared with all the accounts, only some which are relevant!
Sound good? Get in touch